Monday, June 7, 2010

I feel as though this blog will go dry until I am back in the classroom...
I am going to try to keep it going...

I did hear of an activity that would be great for the beginning of the year for primary grades.

Find a container of some sort with different compartments (i.e. egg carton) or use sandwich baggies. Paint each section of the egg carton a different color or if you are using baggies paint on slips of paper to each be placed in a baggie. Have students look around the room and/or outside to find items that match that color to be placed in the corresponding compartment/baggie. For upper elementary grades, I supposed you could be more particular or specific or ask them to describe these items. Then, invite students to read their descriptions for their classmates to guess at what the item is. I also thought for upper elementary grades, you could do this activity and use it for students to practice writing sentences using adjectives. Students could also take this home to be completed to get the parents involved.

One person gave me the idea and I guess I just ran with it. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment