Saturday, April 16, 2011

The hunt is on...

First week in DC. Oh, boy.

Last night, Dillon and I met Kara in DC for dinner. It was a great way to end my first week of work. Dillon was mildly annoyed by all the squealing and clapping I did as we drove in to DC as I was spotting the monuments. We picked her up at a coffee shop in the Eastern Market and got to see her adorable house. It was so wonderful to see a familiar face and spend some time with her.

This time last week I was saying goodbye to all of my loved ones back home. Today, I went on a hunt for my East coast home. Dillon and I made it to three places today. Our first appointment was at noon (a late start). We waited for approximately 70 minutes. Dillon kept telling me to be patient, but my aggravation was slowing rising. What is the point of appointments? A designated time slot so that your time or anyone else's is wasted! Finally after we realized that everyone that was being helped had gotten there after we had, Dillon made his point known to a leasing manager and we stormed out. No lead there.

The next place was much more accommodating. We were offered tea and cookies and Dillon was already impressed. Haha. This place is a lead (cheaper and more space than place number one in a quiet, safe area).

The third place was a bust. It's a high rise with condos for sale, but one guy wants to sublet his place at an unreasonable price. No lead there either.

I made Dillon pull over at a bus stop so I could jump out and grab an apartment ad. The hunt continues...

Hugs from the East coast,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment