Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Pursuit of Happiness...

I found this website last night while using Stumble Upon (completely and ridiculously addicting).

http://www.highexistence.com/life-secrets-and-tips/comment-page-1/

I'm all about life secrets. Lemme tell you. I had an AHA! moment last week when I figured out one of my own life secrets....GIVING YOURSELF TIME!

I understand that this seems wildly obvious and I may be a bonehead for never practicing it before, but I'm enjoying this glory for now, folks.

There is no greater joy than relaxing after you get up. Not rushing, just relaxing like you have all the time in the world. I have never experienced such a delight. I get up. I make Dillon's lunch and my own and I just veg. This seems like a weird and inappropriate time to just veg, but this is my tale. I give myself all this time to just start my day. The rest of my day is so much more of a delight this way. I don't stress that I picked my outfit hastily or that it may be wrinkly. I don't stress that what I packed for lunch is not going to hit the spot. I don't stress that I am going to forget something. I don't stress that I will get stuck in traffic and be late. I try on a few outfits. Maybe iron an article or two. I contemplate what is going to taste just right on my lunch hour. I check my purse and bag to make sure I have everything I need for the day. Then, I double check. I drive to work and don't mind (kind of enjoy) traffic. I can just sit in my car and veg some more listening to my music. Veg to veg later? I am totally on board with this concept. Time. Give yourself some. It's pretty fabulous.

Also among my life secret revelations is figuring out that what I have experienced out here thus far by myself and with Dillon has been genuine happiness. A job. A life not 12 hours away from Dillon. Independence. New experiences. For me that is an equation for bliss.

Have you ever had that overwhelming feeling of happiness that you feel like you may just burst? I love life's moments like this and here, I have been having them often. On Sunday, I went to a mall at Pentagon City to buy a pair of jeans. I hop on the highway and within minutes the Washington Monument and Capitol are in full view. I'm going to the mall? What? For real? This is my life?

I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

This weekend the apartment hunt will continue, but Dillon and I plan on sneaking some fun in there also. On the list, Mount Vernon and Monticello.
You can read a little bit about them at these websites : )

www.monticello.org/
www.mountvernon.org/

I have not taken a single picture since I have been here so I will do my best to heavily document these outings.

How about some music that makes me happy to end out this ultra bubbly post?


Hugs from the East coast,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment