Thursday, September 10, 2009

Few points of interest?

I'm taking a health studies class that focuses on integrating health education into the classroom. Our instructor is incredible passionate about what she teaches and raises the interest level greatly for me. Each week, students are required to conduct an "energy break" in which they lead the class in some sort of activity to get us up out of our seats. We Tooty Ta'ed on Tuesday. So much fun. Try it!

I was in hysterics over this video. Can you imagine a second grader bustin' a move with Jack the Tooty Ta guy?

In a journal article I reviewed today in the Illinois Reading Council Journal, they had some amazing ideas for conducting effective parent-teacher conferences.
Conferences are one of those topics that produce knots in my stomach. A completely frightening thing in my eyes. This article suggest sending a bulleted summary of topics for the conference (3 topics may be the student's strengths, goals to strive for in the next quarters, and suggestions for parents to help at home). To make this task a bit shorter, the article suggested creating a template with general strengths and goals and putting check marks one by the topics to be covered to send home with the student before conferences. I really liked the ideas in the article. If you want further information on this article let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment