Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Well....
I had a meeting with my student teaching coordinator in which I found out my placement. To be completely honest, I needed a day to process before I really wanted to think about it.

I've just been having a funky week. I am absolutely exhausted from the semester and all the craziness is catching up with my like a tidal wave. I went to my student teaching meeting with not much enthusiasm just nervousness.

I will be teaching in a small rural school that is K-8 and has 200 students total. My cooperating teacher teaches social studies and science grades 4-6. I was completely confused when I looked at my placement and saw 4-6 and asked my coordinator about. It turns out I will have to arrange to work with some of the other teachers so that I can teach all of the disciplines.

The coordinator threw so much at us at this meeting that I was already overwhelmed and the actual placement news struck me in a funny way. I guess I was just having a bad day, but I went home and cried. I think I'm just scared about the unfamiliar. At that moment, I couldn't possibly look at the positive. I needed to process before I could think logically.

This morning I woke up with a completely different disposition. I'm excited for what's to come. I'm willing to graciously accept any challenge that teacher education has to offer me. A challenge early on is more to my benefit than a cake walk. Everything happens for a reason. This situation could be my time to shine. I am starting to get more and more excited, but still a dash terrified!

1 comment:

  1. Don't stress 'Ness. It sounds exciting and good for you for being able to handle ....children. You know how I would do in that sitch'....ew. Haha. At least you're not stuck in a cubicle all day with nothing to do that pays you nothing and makes you want to cry everyday.... Oh but I'm not complaining :) haha. You'll be a great teach!

    ReplyDelete